[DeTomaso] Windshields and door glass

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Oct 11 14:34:19 EDT 2012

In a message dated 10/11/12 6 24 46, tmshinro at aol.com writes:

> Can anybody with a 80s Pantera tell me what vendor mark is on their
> original windshield?   I think the De Tomaso mark is kind of cool so I won't be
> upset if I find out it is not factory original.
>

>>>The '80s cars came with Saint-Gobain glass.   The company is now
Saint-Gobain/Sekurit, so they must have merged with the Sicursiv company at some
point?   A trademark search shows that the Sicursiv brand died in 1976.   The
1970s Panteras were originally equipped with Sicursiv glass.   Here's the
scoop on Saint-Gobain today:

http://www.saint-gobain-sekurit.com/en/index.asp?nav1=AU&nav2=AUH

I think your windshield with the De Tomaso logo is a repro by Wilkinson.
Very high quality, from what I'm told, made by Pilkington?