[DeTomaso] FUN RALLY - EAST? Where the car are.

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Thu Oct 11 13:28:20 EDT 2012

I already did this a while back but can't find the email and the
archives are down.  You can do it too if you are a member of POCA.  Go
to the web site, log in and go to the member directory.  Capture the
data and import it to Excel.  Then filter for states,  and do a count
for each one.  You can probably create a pivot table to do it.

If I recall, the overwhelming majority of Pantera owners (as members of
POCA), something like nearly 800, were in California.  the next highest
was Texas, with something like 200 or so.  But the if I remember,
California had  more than the next three top states -combined-.  In
other words, the second, third and fourth most populous Pantera states
combined, didn't have as many as California.

Over half the entire POCA population was West coast.

My data was only based on the POCA member directory.  My recollection
may be off.  You need to do it for yourself.  Then you can figure out
why the majority of events are mostly west coast.

But don't let it dissuade you from creating East coast events.  Kudos go
to Michael Shortt for the event he's been spearheading the last two
years, and to Jersey Panteras for doing what they can to generate
interest as well.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie