[DeTomaso] FUN RALLY - EAST?

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 10:46:49 EDT 2012

To be honest, Dallas is not much of an improvement over Phoenix or Reno if
you are in Virginia, North Carolina, or New York, etc.

and not picking on anybody here, but this kind of stuff always happens,

I'm trying to involve more people to attend at all, what would really be
fair is a rotating FUN RALLY that
has a yearly circuit,  Phoenix, Dallas, Atlanta, Virginia (VIR), Lime Rock
(Conn) Mid-Ohio, San Francisco, etc.

Move it around the country EVERY YEAR on a rotational basis and try to be
,...oh, I don't know....INCLUSIVE.

But knowing that isn't going to happen ( and for some valid reasons, a) the
one in place works b) tradition , being the main two reasons ).

So I have stepped up and offered Nashville as a FUN RALLY EAST  for 2014,

and then like in all organizations, a new idea starts getting improved upon
before it ever gets going.

That's why I stopped serving on HOA Boards and joining clubs ( too many
chiefs, not enough Indians )

I do know that a dilution of too many FUN Rallies would hurt attendance at
all of them.

In a perfect world, there would be one that moved around the country.

in a less perfect world, there would be two, EAST & WEST one on each end of
a large country.

in an even less perfect world, there could be 4 regional versions,
Chicago, Virginia, Dallas and Reno. ( which could move around within their
zone each year )

Just my 2 cents,

Michael Shortt