[DeTomaso] Brake booster vacuum

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 23:53:03 EDT 2012

Cool.  Makes me want to pull out the old vacuum booster and check it out.

My booster started leaking years ago.  I noticed a change in the sound
coming from the engine.  It didn't take me long to realize I was pushing the
pedal down harder to maintain speed.  The brakes were slowly applying
without my foot on the pedal.  It took quite a while to get home that day.
I thought about rebuilding the booster, and I guess I still can.  Instead, I
switched to Wilwood pedals/boosters, and I've been very happy with the
results.  I'm not saying they are better than the original booster.  I'm
just saying the manual masters work great too.