[DeTomaso] Windshields and door glass

Tom Shinrock tmshinro at aol.com
Thu Oct 11 09:16:04 EDT 2012

Sorry that I can't answer any of your questions but I do have some observations I can relate.

I just had my windshield replaced.  The windshield that was in the car for the last 25 years turned out to be one of those undersize replacement ones and I could count on water leaks if I got caught in rain.   I can't remember the name stamped on the windshield but I think it started with a "V"

I had Cory Gehling replace the windshield.   Cory worked for George Stauffer back in the mid 80s when George was bringing in Panteras and federalizing them.  When George got out of the business, Cory bought all his parts inventory from him which he used to support his own business; Collectors Choice.  Included in the parts he bought were 3 factory windshields.

The new windshield I got does not have a sun tint band at the top and the only stamp on the windshield has the De Tomaso "T"  symbol followed by the stylized De Tomaso name (like the script on the rear of the car) in the lower right corner.  I was always under the impression that there was a glass vendor name on original windshields (like Secursiv that is stamped on door glass and triangular windows).

Can anybody with a 80s Pantera tell me what vendor mark is on their original windshield?   I think the De Tomaso mark is kind of cool so I won't be upset if I find out it is not factory original.

Tom