[DeTomaso] NPC - Protecting an engine in storage

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 3 22:53:08 EDT 2012

Yes, you need top 'pickle' it and in this case no vinegar required. Common for marine engine winterization, all I do is spray the fogging oil (available at all good marine stores) in the carb until the engine chokes and dies. Google 'engine pickling' for more detailed information.
If you know you'll never use the engine again, it begs the question why the hell are you keeping it?. My wife has a policy, if I haven't worn or used it in a year I don't need it and it goes.
Julian