[DeTomaso] GUMBALL PANTERA HAS FUEL TANK LEAK

LEVITT1946 at aol.com LEVITT1946 at aol.com
Wed Oct 3 22:38:52 EDT 2012

Hello Friends ,

When my car was restored 2 years ago I was under the impression that the
body shop restored my entire fuel tank .

Most of the tank was restored,  rust proofed and painted. Over  the past
few months I noticed fuel leaking but could not identify where the fuel  was
coming from exactly.

I finally saw first hand when I filled up the fuel tank that the tank is
leaking from under the seal of the vent tube. This seal is held in with three
 rivets.

Does anyone have a way to drill out the rivets without having metal filings
 fall into the fuel . I spoke today to a company that produces a 5 minute
epoxy  and they believe this could be my easiest way out . The epoxy is made
by Devcon  and it is called epoxy gel resin # 14265.

Anyone have any easy suggestions?

Best,
Bob Levitt