[DeTomaso] Invisible Bra

Jerry R Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Wed Oct 3 21:17:59 EDT 2012

Tom,

I have had an invisible bra on my '67 cobra for about 3 years.  Has saved me
a bunch of trouble and paint problems.  My Cobra has bra material below the
head lights all the way under the front,  on the front of the rear fenders
up to the top of the doors and on the rear fenders behind the wheel wells
and around the back under the trunk lid.  The new material is quite good and
can be removed at any time using liquid and a small amount of heat.  The
fellow that installed mine said the yellowing or browning of the bra
material was a slow growing fungus problem.  He used an antibiotic
(Neosporin I think) in the water and soap application mixture.  The front of
the rear fender gets some exhaust soot but cleans easily.  I haven't noticed
any discoloration but my paint is a candy brandy wine metallic from House of
Colors.

YMMV - just my experiences,
jerry knotts