[DeTomaso] brake booster vacuum

Justin Greisberg justingreisberg at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 3 20:55:50 EDT 2012

i have the CHI intake.  I just ran a 'T' off the back of the carb (throttle body in my case) and ran it to the PCV on the valve cover and also to my brake reservoir, then to the booster.  with an aggressive cam, I added a vacuum reservoir.  it all works fine, although repeated braking attempts while engine at idle, like when rolling to a stop sign in town, will lead to dramatically increased brake pedal effort.  probably not the best, although no disasters yet.  i have the same problem on my similarly built small block chevy.  With an aggressive cam, it probably is smartest to use a small vacuum pump, which could be mounted in the front trunk or even on the lower frame on the passenger side below the headers and the electronics on the firewall (i came close to doing it).  but i dont have enough trouble to consider it.      justin