[DeTomaso] Invisible Bra

Tom Shinrock tmshinro at aol.com
Wed Oct 3 19:43:03 EDT 2012

As a lot of you know, I got my car repainted after getting it repaired from hitting a sheet of particle board on the drive to Phoenix this spring.  Now that the car is all shiney again I was wondering if anyone has tried putting that clear plastic film that they use for invisible bras behind the rear wheels where the back of the car gets all chewed up from rocks and things flung off the rear tires.   I've never seen or heard of anyone doing this and I wonder if it is because of the heat produced by the muffler/tailpipes (Pre L).  I was also thinking about putting the film on the lower portion of the hood up to the vent grills.

Any ideas or advice on the best way to ward off future paint nicks would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom