[DeTomaso] Brake booster vacuum

Brent Stewart bjbstewart at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 3 19:27:47 EDT 2012

Sean,
I have this exact same setup, and exact same problem!  Check this picture out:

http://poca.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=4841

Now, take a look at the ones with engine and CHI intake:

http://poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=38288

The mistake I made was to have the intake chromed, and didn't realize it didn't have the additional vacuum tap for the brakes. Now it is too late to drill. I had to get the 1" spacer and now I have kind of a funky linkage setup and an air filter that just about hits the top of the car.

I'd recommend that you get the CHI intake tapped in the back so you can easily hook up your brake vacuum and use the port on the carb for your PCV valve.  The spacer puts the carb way to high, and I think performance must suffer.

I am actually looking at getting an external vacuum pump to run the brakes, but haven't pulled the trigger.  I would need one that would not "boost" vacuum, rather, completely replace the vacuum from the engine.  do let us know what you end up doing!

brent