[DeTomaso] Mike Drew

fastgrandma fastgrandma at aol.com
Wed Oct 3 15:04:05 EDT 2012

Okay, I do have to chime in here - yeah, me again!

I for one, do NOT like to read a newsletter on the computer and know of several people that feel the same.  This is primarily for two reasons:

1.  Enough time is spent just reading and clearing out emails and other that I get on a daily basis.  The reasons for this are:

	 a; no matter the chair, sitting for long periods of time in front of a computer is not great for the body; my physical therapist will attest to that.  I and Jack both know that its all too easy to look at one more email before closing down and suddenly that's another half hour, hour ~~~  Jack often has to go lay down to get his back straightened out when working on the Newsletter for hours.

	b.  its a stress on one's eyes; computers are - or should be - at a different distance to read than your normal reading of book, newspaper or other printed matter.  One basically needs a dedicated pair of glasses just for computer use.  When computers started being used by everyone and especially in the work environment the office I worked in saw many patients that were experiencing some type of eye strain but weren't sure just what. A large percentage did not wear corrective lenses of any type but due to the strain of the different reading distance they required glasses just for computer use.

Aside from that it is often more comfortable to curl up on the couch or comfy chair to do my enjoyment reading and that is not going to be on my laptop.

For many years Jack published our bay area reptile club newsletter as well as POCA; this continued until only a couple years ago when it was just not easy to do being 250 miles from any club activities and here in the desert we're limited to fewer wild critters of the reptile variety. A year or so before he resigned a paperless version was mainly available to members - one had to request the paper version.  I was glad I'd done the proofing as I didn't even look at the electronic version sent out.  They've now gone totally paperless and we've dropped our membership.

Judy