[DeTomaso] Mike Drew

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Wed Oct 3 11:12:17 EDT 2012

> In this day, with all of the available technology, there is no reason to
> publish a paper magazine.

It may be easier to get up but I can tell you I prefer a paper version of
news letters and magazines. When I am done with what I have to do on a
computer during the day, when I am tired and worn out, I sit on the sofa
or an hour of magazines and tv. I absolutely hate reading general material
on tablets and computers and always prefer paper when I can get it.

When I was in a local club I was no longer able to be involved due to
other things. I did show up at one of the meetings when they were talking
about going paperless in their newsletter. I and others told them we
prefer paper. There wasn't much to it but still preferred.

I did not have time to be involved but I paid my dues to support the club;
as long as I get a newsletter. When they went paperless I did not renew my
membership. I never read even a single on line newsletter. Membership
dropped 20% that following year; mostly of unknown members. One or two
memberships would have paid the printing and postage.

Gary