[DeTomaso] Mike Drew

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 09:04:19 EDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 10:19 PM, michael at michaelshortt.com <
michaelsavga at gmail.com> wrote:
> as Rob pointed out, those of us to the right of the Mississippi river
have no involvement opportunities at all.

Hmmm, other than providing some logistical and organizational support, I
believe the Fun Rally gets no financial support* from* POCA altho it does
generate funds* for* POCA.  Other than that, I'm not really sure what the
club does for anybody other than provide some insurance for local club
events, support for this forum, and the publications. No disrespect
intended. Involvement activities are really generated by the local clubs,
not POCA. Same for the Fun Rally.

The one thing that could/should be done is to upgrade the POCA website with
all the tech articles, provide online versions of the Newsletter rather
than a mailed version, maybe provide some support to Chuck Melton, and a
few other things.

Perhaps, they might even help make Michael's event into something bigger?
What do you guys think the club could do to be more inclusive? to be more
dues vs benefit effective for you?

On a slightly different point of view, I support the club because it
represents and supports the marque and I feel it's important to have it
represented. It's also nice to get the Newsletter and Profiles.

Jeff
6559