[DeTomaso] Right coast

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Oct 3 02:43:55 EDT 2012

In a message dated 10/2/12 20 20 27, michaelsavga at gmail.com writes:

> It isn't now nor has it been in my 7 years of
> Pantera ownership, as Rob pointed out, those of us to the right of the
> Mississippi river have no involvement opportunities at all.
>

>>>For 20 years I've heard this, and find it SO tiresome.   Both editors
crave inputs from everywhere--there is no discrimination against
right-coasters.   In fact, the club has gone out of its way to try to be inclusive, even
once taking the rather dubious step of using club funds to fly two officers
to the Pocono event to attempt to represent POCA (I was there also--on my
own dime!)

The simple fact is that there are more people and more cars on the west
coast, and a better local infrastructure.   Attempts to create a similar
infrastructure in the eastern half of the country have had varying degrees of
success, at least partially due to greater geographical separation between
owners which makes it less conducive for regular get-togethers etc.

The greatest irony, though, is hearing people complain that they never read
anything about their events in the POCA publications.   This, of course, is
because nobody bothered to contribute anything.   If you hold an event and
don't tell anybody about it, how are you then expected to read about it
afterwards?