[DeTomaso] Mike Drew

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Oct 2 17:53:35 EDT 2012

In a message dated 10/1/12 20 55 45, tipo874a at msn.com writes:

> But that is NOT the problem. If there were a shortage of material why has
> he not solicited on the forum or through the newsletter for input ?
>
>>>I have--repeatedly, and usually privately.   Often with no success.

For instance, there were about 8-10 different mini-events at the POCA Fun
Rally in Reno last year.   Each event organizer was tasked with generating a
short artible summarizing their event, plus the Fun Rally organizers were to
write a wrap-up piece on the banquet etc.

After a year of prodding, I got ONE submission, from Chris Kimball on the
catamaran trip.   I have since given up--that year's Fun Rally will go down
in history as not happening, basically.

> > Mike has a ton of material on hand he has never used. That is from the
> horses mouth.
>
>>>I have a ton of material that hasn't been used YET, but has since been
used and is about to be printed.   I don't throw anything away.

> > I usually do not get on this forum that often and I never get into
> discussing POCA board business here.I lurk and observe but rarely comment, but
> I felt compelled to pipe up on this subject as I felt some were not looking
> at the whole picture.
>      Looking forward to a very positive outcome of this situation.
>
>>>As am I!   This year's Fun Rallly organizers have been much more
forthcoming with plans to submit articles, although as of yet no articles have
actually made it to me....