[DeTomaso] AC Hose fitting to expansion valve

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Tue Oct 2 08:09:10 EDT 2012

A few weeks back, my AC sprung a leak and filled my cabin with a pretty
think smoke screen. Although my entire AC system is brand new, the one old
part was a 4 inch hose that attached to the expansion valve under my dash
just before the evaporator. Sitting in traffic, the pressure built and
split the hose.

I removed the small section which threaded to the expansion valve to the
newly installed hose and brought it to an AC shop to fabricate a solution.
They say that the threads and hose that failed were power steering threads
and not AC.  I'm assuming the hose to the expansion value is OEM. Are the
treads to the stock expansion valve not standard?