[DeTomaso] mickey thompson tires

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 08:28:56 EST 2012

My Viper did 10.20's in the 1,000ft with a live rear.

My brother's 2003 Mustang Cobra does 9.80's with a live rear.

I had a higher trap speed, but he had M/T ET street slicks.  He dumped his
clutch with no tire spinning.  I had to pop the clutch with my foot off
the gas, and then once the tires spun 2 feet, I floored it with a very
slight bog.  If I left harder, the wheels would hop - hard.

My brother had hopping problems until he switched to solid bushings.

I was sweating the whole time about breaking a u-joint.

10.20's in 1,000ft is low 12's in the 1/4.  9.80's is high 11's.

I agree about a 9" and a top loader.  I beat the crap out of my 68 Mustang
in high school.  I stripped all of the spider gears from an 8".  Both the
9" replacement and the top loader took everything I gave it.  The Chevys
weren't so lucky.