[DeTomaso] Lunches with Mr. Q  - Saturday December 8 Burbank

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Nov 29 14:48:28 EST 2012

In a message dated 11/29/12 11 35 49, msm at portata.com writes:

> Lunches With Mr. Q is a story about automobiles and so much more. It is
> the funny, poignant, always compelling story of a series of lunchtime
> conversations and adventures between Kjell Qvale, a 92-year multimillionaire
> automobile entrepreneur and pioneer, and the author.

Kjell Qvale was the De Tomaso importer in the 1960s and brought all of the
250 Mangustas to the USA; he later was in the joint venture with De Tomaso
for the aborted 'new' Mangusta project.

He's 92 years old and still sharp as a tack.   He still goes to work every
day at his dealership (British Motor Cars in San Francisco).   Among other
things, he was on the small team that designed Laguna Seca.   He's truly a
legend, and I look forward to reading this book.

Here it is on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Lunches-With-Mr-Kevin-Nelson/dp/0978634055/

Mike (just bought it!)