[DeTomaso] mickey thompson tires

Justin Greisberg justingreisberg at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 28 20:37:40 EST 2012

I have mickey thompson SPORTSMAN S/R on the rear of my pantera, and all 4 on my 57 chevy.  they seem very nice and come in some nice sizes for older cars.  Of course, I have never really tracked the cars, but no complaints on the street.  way better than 30 year old dunlop qualifier or bias ply (not radial) skinnies (which is what i had before).  i have bf goodrich radials on my 69 mustang and I am not all that thrilled, although they also are 25 years old, so probably not fair to judge them.  i keep hoping they will just explode when I dump the clutch on the mustang, but they never do.  Nothing like a ford 9" rear behind a toploader 4 speed and a ford v8 for spinning tires and just not breaking ever!!!!
I am afraid to really do a burnout with the pantera ZF gearbox.  has anyone been brave enough??   justin