[DeTomaso] California Smog question

Denny Morse denman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 05:28:33 EST 2012

I bought a 73 Pantera-L (vin 5197) in Salem, OR this past April and brought
it into CA. It was a piece of cake. I made an appointment at the local CA
DMV and drove it in for the inspection. The inspector did ask me to open
the hood and was surprised where the engine was when I opened the rear deck
lid. I quick look, but no questions at all about SMOG equipment. I
suggested that she also check the VIN number and build date on the stamp on
the driver-side door jam and that helped speed up her inspection.

Cheers,

Denny
----