[DeTomaso] Pantera Top Speeds: D-Mann Un-Exposed

Larry - Ohio Time Corp larry at ohiotimecorp.com
Tue Nov 27 09:29:04 EST 2012

PUT the CRACK pipe DOWN...

Larry (flash back) Cleveland

-----Original Message-----
From: detomaso-bounces at realbig.com [mailto:detomaso-bounces at realbig.com] On
Behalf Of David in Durango
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 10:48 PM
To: Garth Rodericks; DeTomaso Mail List
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Pantera Top Speeds: D-Mann Un-Exposed

Garth, and others of little faith . . .

Thank you for the note and the link to the demise of the urban legend, D.
Mann.

Here, in the digital land of Pantera ownership, we are subjected repeatedly
to the fairytale legends of the Detomaso faithful.  Witness: "Drewsasters" ,
the bogus "Detomato Registry" , not to mention the Georgia Ice Driving
School and Fashion Center!  It does become difficult to filter the above
from the true, witnessed adventures of the Detomaso faithful.  Remember
"shoot on sight speeds" stories, or perhaps tales of gladiator debauchery in
Nebraska? (all true, I must say)

Most have heard the stories about Panteras coming to America without mirrors
- I am here to tell you this is pure myth!  One night long ago, several of
us were giving mouth to mouth resusitation to a bottle of Herra Dura when D.
Mann started telling us of the fabled stash of genuine Detomaso racing
mirrors that were hoarded away by Bill Stroppe.  We became so enthralled
with the tale that three of us mounted up for a midnite raid into Long
Beach. While we were hampered by the stodgy top speed of Doug's Pantera
(217? What a slug!) the squadron made its way to the secret stash of racing
mirrors.

Needless to say,  the police arrived before we were able to load a good
supply of mirrors into our luggage tubs, so Junior and I headed back to
Vegas leaving Doug Mann in his slug of a Pantera to bring up the rear. When
Junior (pronounced "hooney-orr" by his friends) says his top speed is
"F&*$king 260" you should believe him!  He just disappeared into the night .
. . .

I only managed to get one set of the Detomaso racing mirrors before our
hurried departure, which I can now offer for sale. Being this is the only
set available in Amerika (Roland may have these in Germany) they are being
offered at $4995 delivered.
Image here:
http://images45.fotki.com/v148/photos/4/43175/1969865/1115002-vi.jpg

Don't be fooled by imitations!

David in Durango
Veni, Vidi, Veloce

Long live Doug Mann, Junior Wilson and all the rest!