[DeTomaso] Mirror myth

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Nov 27 01:13:21 EST 2012

Durango Dave wrote:

Most have heard the stories about Panteras coming to America without
mirrors - I am here to tell you this is pure myth!

>>>It turns out, it *is* a myth.   I have the original shipping document
for my Pantera, which I picked up when I visited De Tomaso a few weeks ago.
It has a statement which says, (in both Italian and English),

"The accessories (paint, license plate holder, fuses, warranty booklet,
tools, cigarette lighter, gearshift knob, wheel name plate, ashtray, and rear
vision mirrors) of the car are contained in trunk"

Actually, come to think of it, that may refer not to the side mirrors, but
rather to the interior mirror?   Although it dies say mirrorS with an 'S'...