[DeTomaso] California Smog question

Perry Lindsey nckzck at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 19:30:51 EST 2012

Not true. The smog law in California reads cars model year 1975 and older do not need to go through the sniff test, nor the visual inspection. The only caveat to that (and I have never heard it happen) is if an overzealous patrol officer who wants to inspect and cite for no smog equipment during a routine traffic stop. Fortunately, most really don't know what the correct factory smog equipment would encompass.