[DeTomaso] Weber mechanism

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Sun Nov 25 17:17:50 EST 2012

With the discussion of Webers, thought I would show the mechanism I am
working on.

Webers need good spring pressure to hold the throttles closed. If not it
is difficult to keep the RPM down. I ran mine with a linear spring but
linear springs need to be really long so they do not all flat.

I tried several recoil springs from lawnmowers to weadeaters and finally
came up with a combination I like. It was a little tricky to assemble. All
the marks keep me thinking in the correct direction. Easy to set the
spring or travel up wrong; especially when you flip it up and down.

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/panttransam/web/recoil1.jpg

I really like the recoil pressure; I think it is right on target.
Consistent pressure through out travel. This gives an idea of how the
tension is. The plate is upside down. The pulley is under the plate and
the plate bolts to the carb mount:

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/panttransam/web/DSC_0059.AVI

Gary