[DeTomaso] Vehicle Speed Sensor

jgkrenton at comcast.net jgkrenton at comcast.net
Sun Nov 25 11:14:36 EST 2012

Asa Jay:

When I put the Ford EEC system in my Pantera I had the same issue.  My local Speedo Shop (right off the end of McChord AFB) put in a speed sensor for an "aftermarket" Cruise Control.  They stated that just about all the speed sensors put out the same signal.  What we did was cut the original Pantera  speedo cable about 10 inches from the ZF and they crimped on a set of "USA spec sppedo fitting" that matched the speed sensor.  The things been working fine for something like 15 years now.  What you end up with is a short cable with a ZF fitting on one end, an USA fitting on the other end, then the speed sensor, another USA fitting, then the rest of the cable that runs into the car and the original speedo.

I think I was out the door, new sensor, and the modified cable for well under $100.

Good luck.

Jeff