[DeTomaso] Weber IDA48 or injection?

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Sun Nov 25 01:45:53 EST 2012

I had seen several Weber conversions with the two semi-circle cutouts prior to
seeing a conversion that used the straight-cut approach.

My first thought was how did the owner move the engine far enough forward
to avoid having to cut the decklid?  It took a bit more close-up inspection, and
looking at an adjacent Pantera, before I realized how it had been done.

IMHO, the straight-cut approach leaves the body lines so slightly changed that
the conversion becomes invisible.

Those two semi-circles look out-of-place every time.

Larry