[DeTomaso] 351C heads

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sat Nov 24 17:04:36 EST 2012

Dear Justin,

           I have been fooling with amateur engine building for more than
ten years.  This summer I asked my local machinist and local Ford engine
expert what the market price for 351C 4v quench heads was running. I was a
surprised when he told me that the price was declining due to the easy
availability and easy performance of aluminum heads.  Certainly, aluminum
heads offer several advantages over 351C iron heads, however......

           If the 351C aluminum head market continues....and....if the
demand and, therefore, price of old iron heads declines, then I can imagine
that at some point, the future bargain basement price of iron quench heads
may make them a horsepower bargain.   Oh, well.   We shall see.

          "Predictions are difficult--especially about the future."   Neils
Bohr

                Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles