[DeTomaso] 351C heads

Justin Greisberg justingreisberg at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 24 16:28:42 EST 2012

I wonder what the value of original iron heads is these days.  now with edelbrock, CHI, and trick flow making aluminum heads which seem to really outperform the stock heads in every way for street and racing.  these aftermarket heads can be obtained fully built and ready to install for less than $2000 a pair, possibly considerably less.  i haven't priced them lately.  So, what are used iron heads worth?  the ones in question for $600 need a rebuild?  i have a set of original 4v heads that are used but in fine shape.  i would sell them if someone wanted them, but they would cost a good bit to ship (i have nice boxes for them from my CHI heads!)  Rather than $600 plus a couple hundred more for valves and springs, I would go with aluminum aftermarket heads - justin