[DeTomaso] NPC: John Fitch

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 23 13:54:31 EST 2012

There is a biography of John Fitch, "Adventure on Wheels" that I read back in the 60's and found a copy of a few years ago.  It's a great read and covers a lot of the evolution of racing.

I met him at Laguna Seca maybe 5 years ago.  I think he was involved in race track safety.  He was the co-driver of the Mercedes that crashed and took out almost 100 spectators at LeMans in 1955 and I suspect that influenced his interests in safety.

Ken