[DeTomaso] WTB Carbon Fiber for my 1971 Pantera

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Nov 23 01:08:28 EST 2012

In a message dated 11/22/12 16 41 40, edducati at mac.com writes:

> Thanks will have a look at that, thanks. Do you know if it would hurt or
> help the value of my Pantera by updating the interior to the modern dash
> and leather? My car has 13,000 original miles but has been sitting for years
> and the interior needs some work. Do most of the upgrades that people do
> help the value?
>

>>>That's very much a matter of personal taste, but I can tell you
definitively that you will never get back what you put in; that is, you can count on
raising the value of the car no more than perhaps 25% of the cost of the
upgrades.   That's why you're always better off financially buying a car
that's already done, rather than doing it yourself.

I personally have no use for replacing the interior with plastic.   While a
leather interior is warm, sumptuous and classy, I find carbon fiber
(whether real or fake) to be really cheesy.   It has no place in a luxury GT, but
that's a very personal opinion reflecting my own bias.