[DeTomaso] Top speed of the fastest P-car?

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 15:03:03 EST 2012

The record should be separate for on a road (closed or not) and on the "salt
flats".

This car:

http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/RegistryImages/RTHPNPL07045/RTHPNPL0
7045.asp

was documented at 219 MPH on a road.  (Charlie Wilson Jr.)

Then there is the (Swede's) light green car, that ran the flats a few years
back, I forget the exact details.  And don't forget Hall's car that set a
salt flats record (stock-bodied class ?) that lasted some 20+ years (200
plus ?).

--Chuck

My son Nolie is wondering what it the fastest recorded speed of a Pantera?
Who's car was it?

I suggested that it was either Junior Johnson or Doug Mann with the record.

What do you remember?

All my best,

Nolan