[DeTomaso] rumor?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Nov 21 11:15:46 EST 2012

In a message dated 11/20/12 20 13 57, adin at frontier.net writes:

> Heard a '69 Goose sold for $209,000 in Europe.  True?  Details?
>
> that is all.
>

>>>Not rumor--FACT.   It is 8MA1294, one of the last Mangustas made (the
last ten cars were all RHD).   Photos here:

http://www.mangustainternational.com/?page_id=71&album=7&gallery=12

Amazingly, he removed the stock Mangusta wheels and reinstalled the 16-inch
wheels that George had put on, and then sold the Campagnolo wheels with new
Michelin tires for $16K as a side deal!

The car in question formerly belonged to George Gordon-Smith, (he had
painted it Aston Martin California Sage Green), who later sold it to a fellow
named Taz (I can never remember his last name).   The car was pretty rough, as
it had rust and had been a no-kidding race car for yeras.   Taz shot a nice
coat of blue paint over the rusted sheetmetal, and Johnny Woods made an
absolutely spectacular interior for it.   Taz found a rich fellow (some sort of
sheik, I think) who bought it sight-unseen for the ludicrous price you
mentioned.   The car was towed to his massive underground garage in London where
it joined a fleet of other exotic cars.   After a year or so, the car was
put up for sale to make room for a Ferrari 250 LM; the sheik has reportedly
not only not driven it, he's never even SEEN it!

However, nobody is kicking in the door wanting to give him $209K for it
these days...Taz is trying to help him find a buyer, so far with no luck (that
I know of).