[DeTomaso] NPC: F1

Richard Greenblum pantera at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 19 11:39:11 EST 2012

Kirby,

I was there for the pit walk on Thursday, and all day on Friday thru Sunday
(left after the F1 race).  But, I live in Austin so it was easy for me.  The
only fear I had was the traffic and parking on site.  COTA asked all parking
pass holders to turn off their GPSs and follow the directions on their
respective passes.  It worked brilliantly.  I sat in virtually no lines‹the
only delay encountered was after the race and it amounted to not more than
10 minutes over the same drive with no race.

I bought seats in Turn 15 and loved them.  I think we saw most of the
passing and fighting, including Hamilton's pass on Vettel.  The support
races were also fun to watch with the Porsches pushing each other around in
Turn 15.  Fortunately, we didn't see any contact between the historic F1
cars.

Looking forward to next year.

Richard
Austin, TX