[DeTomaso] Servo heater control

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Nov 15 11:48:38 EST 2012

In a message dated 11/14/12 21 52 4, fisher95020 at gmail.com writes:

> - Have to do something about bump steer
>
>>>At some point in L-model production, Ford/De Tomaso figured out that the
original chassis design placed the steering rack in the wrong location, and
their fix was to install 10mm spacers between the rack mount and the
chassis.   It didn't make it perfect, but it made it better.   Both Chuck Melton
and I stock rack spacer kits (a pair of spacers, and four 10mm longer bolts
with lockwashers).   Take a look under your car and see if you have them
already?   If not, it's worth a try (and you'll have to get the toe reset
afterwards.

> >- Need to find the missing 200hp
>
>>>That's easy to find.   Just bring cash. :>)

> >- Need to tweak out some understeer.

which makes understeer worse.   I think you still have the stock rear swaybar,
which aggravates the situation even further.

The single best bang-for-the-buck improvement you can make to the Pantera's
handling is to swap the stock 3/4" rear swaybar for the GTS bar, which
measures 7/8".   All it takes is a new bar, and four new bushings, and you're
well on your way to neutrality.   Your tire-size delta might not make it
perfectly neutral, but it will keep things safe, for just a little bit past
perfectly neutral, you're spinning backwards through the trees....