[DeTomaso] Gates Barricade Hose, possibly LPC

Guido deTomaso guido_detomaso at prodigy.net
Tue Nov 13 12:35:05 EST 2012

Interesting.  I did note in the Gates catalog also, warnings not to immerse the
hose in fuel.  They offered "marine" hose which is okay to immerse.  But I'll
assume the sample piece you bought dissolved from the inside out.

There's also a variety of BMW, Mercedes, Porsche "fuel injection hose" out
there, but finding a dealer with a spool of hose, not short, cut lengths, was
difficult when I tried to find some years ago.

Different subject, I try to spend as little at the chain stores as possible,
figure every dollar is another nail in the coffin of the "real" stores, few of
which are left around here.  Might not make any difference but once they're gone
I can say "I tried".

That should have been "hashed" at the very end below.

GD