[DeTomaso] Gates Barricade Hose, possibly LPC

Guido deTomaso guido_detomaso at prodigy.net
Mon Nov 12 19:05:53 EST 2012

Somewhere read of "Gates Barricade Hose", supposedly more resistant to modern
fuels.  Asked about it at my local traditional parts house, there's a fuel
injection grade and a carburetor grade. I bought 2 feet of the fuel injection
grade for twelve bucks.  Figure the one two-inch length of pressurized rubber
hose on the Pantera I can upgrade once it's time to replace.

Some concern the non-Barricade Gates hose is now marketed as "vapor and fuel
return" ... not as pressure hose for even a carburetor, but I've got spools of
that stuff in 1/4, 5/16ths and 3/8ths.

Maybe this has all been hased before....

GD