[DeTomaso] NE Panteras...OK?

Phil Lockett montecarlo296 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 07:08:06 EST 2012

I don't see the doom and gloom here.

All cars over here live with weeks of very salty roads every year - and it's not a dry cold, it's a yucky, damp, foggy cold and it gets everywhere.

Your electricals will be fine as long as you don't power them up until they are completely dry - the only exception to this is the switches and the dials which may have salt in them - if this is the case, take them out and drown them in distilled water, then let them dry naturally for a couple of weeks before powering them up.

Soak any other connections, switches, window mechanisms, door locks etc in WD-40.

Take out all upholstery and leave to dry naturally. Brush the salt off then refit.

While the upholstery is out, steam clean the shell.

You will only get rust where there is moisture AND salt AND bare metal. Thake any one of these out of the equation and you'll be fine.

At worst, your battery will be toast.

You'd be good to change engine oil, zf fluid, brake fluid.

It could be worse - when we get flooding over here it's usually laced with raw sewage that flows back up the sewer system.

If all else fails, you could sell it to me for salvage.....<wink>

Phil