[DeTomaso] Metal engine cover needed

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Nov 6 21:09:13 EST 2012

In a message dated 11/6/12 17 40 14, mbefthomas at comcast.net writes:

> Mike, I've got one, refinished and with dynamat installed.  Was going to
> sell it with my old firewall cover, but . . .  How much?  No idea what
> they're worth.
>

>>>I've had a half-dozen similar replies.   Lots of people have them, want
to offer them up, and everybody is asking me what they should charge for
them!

I don't know?   On the one hand, if you don't have one, they're priceless.
 If you have a flat firewall kit, then your old one is completely worthless
and could easily go in the dumpster.

So, what's the average between priceless and worthless???   You guys each
figure it out and then shoot me your asking price (privately) and I'll
forward them on to the Aussie, who can then make his mind up.

I would argue that one covered in Dynamat etc. is worth measurably more
than a standard one.

BTW, the Aussie has a friend going to visit So-cal in a week, and if the
piece is sent there, he can hand-carry it home, saving a LOT of shipping
costs.   So this deal needs to happen soon.

Thanks!   Standing by for offers with $$$ figures attached. :>)