[DeTomaso] Good radiant heat barrier??

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Nov 6 18:24:42 EST 2012

In a message dated 11/6/12 15 04 28, fresnofinches at aol.com writes:

> Anyone have another offering, for a radiant barrier, that they have used?
>

>>>My car is completely 'done' in Dynamat, but knowing what I know now, I
would definitely do it differently in the future.

http://www.lizardskin.com/

Lizardskin is a spray-on product with miraculous properties.   They have
two products which can be used independently, or in conjunction with one
another.   One is a vibration-absorbing Dynamat-like product, and the other is a
heat shield.

At the SEMA show they had fantastic displays.   One featured a pair of
hotel-front-desk bells.   One was painted with a very thin coating of their
noise-damping product.   The uncoated one went "DING!" and the coated one went
"tick".

The other was an electric griddle, with one side painted with their
heat-barrier product.   They would put two ice cubes onto the griddle; one would
melt and boil away to steam inside a minute; the other would just sit there,
and 30 minutes later, still be an ice cube.

They sell a starter kit that has two gallons of each product, and a spray
gun to apply it to the car; it costs about $375-400 depending on where you
buy it.   It's enough to completely do 50 square feet, i.e. an entire Pantera
cabin.

We'll definitely be doing Lori's car with Lizardskin before the drive to
Arizona next year.   As an added bonus, it's fireproof....

Is it too late to return all that expensive Dynamat you bought? :>)