[DeTomaso] Kinda' NPC: Why does oil cost so much?

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Thu May 31 15:06:32 EDT 2012

Needless to say... I wondered whether I should really do this or not,
but I'm throwing caution to the wind.

I work in the oil industry. I have since 1974. I spent most of the
time overseas.

Many times, the price of gasoline and why it costs so much comes up on the list.
When offshore drilling rigs cost $1,000,000 a day to run and when the
easy to get oil is long gone and it's tough to find new reserves, it's
easy for the people working in the industry to understand why.

But there are other reasons.... Politics, too! Would you believe it?

I feel this article sums up the current scenario very well from an
investor point of view.
You don't have to know anything about the oil business to understand.

Thought some of you might appreciate it. Some won't.

http://www.caseyresearch.com/cdd/big-oils-cost-revenue-tightrope

Now, I will run quickly back into my hole....

FWIW,
Kirby