[DeTomaso] Battery questions, again.

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Tue May 29 11:48:11 EDT 2012

I know it's been mentioned before, but the story is that the Optima batteries can drop below a voltage which only occures in a typical lead acid battery that has experienced a failure.  Many battery chargers recognize the low voltage as a failure and will not charge the battery.  You can trick the battery charger by hooking a second battery in parallel, or buy a charger that will charge when it sees a low voltage.  Some people return good batteries when they won't charge, but I also have heard stories that the quality had dropped.

Ken