[DeTomaso] Wings

David in Durango adin at frontier.net
Tue May 29 09:30:55 EDT 2012

"Hi all,

What would the value be on a brand new, never been assembled (needs
final finish and light install), low profile Amerisport rear wing as
seen on this car:

http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/RegistryImages/RTHPNMD04328/RTHPNMD04328.asp?

(sorry, you'll have to log in to see it).

I have one that I've contemplated putting on my Pantera for some time,
but never have.  I'm still kind of waffling on whether or not I want
to.  So I'm looking for possible value in it in case I wish to sell it."

Wings - something from a feminine hygiene product?

Once upon a time, someone posted "Friends don't let friends run wings."  or something.  Goran jumped in my doo-doo pretty hard, citing the fact that some Pantera owners need a wing because they drive fast enough.

One cannot get downforce without drag, so if you have tooooo many ponies you'll need some downforce. (proven fact)

An undercar diffuser will generate more downforce than a wing - on a Pantera. (opinion based on what I've observed)

Of course, when you get enough downforce in the back, you will need to balance with front downforce.  This will produce a more balanced car (something one needs at 150mph) and more drag.

Then, you will need MORE power.

BTW, the link only works for the privileged . . . . is this the suspect?  http://www.panteracars.com/evan620.html  Its nice and get's the Pope's seal of approval.  However, like the second vagina on a pig's butt[1], it is useless.(opinion)

David
"Chuck's Shit List, founding member"

[1] Often used around the shop when I worked for the Nazis at BMW Autozentrum.  I call them Nazis because every 4/20 we had a moment of silence for Der Fuerer's birthday.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 7178 (20120529) __________

http://www.eset.com