[DeTomaso] Door adjustment

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Mon May 28 23:05:50 EDT 2012

This is a sort of trick but may help with the fact that the latch isn't in
the right position. Loosen the 2 bolts on the top hinge that are closest to
the front of the door where it attaches to the door and the same 2 on the
bottom as well. Then break the remaining two loose but still holding the
door loosely. Shut the door while someone is inside with a wrench. Shut the
door and loosen the 2 bolts a little more. Shutting the door helps locate
the latch. Then using the flattened palm of your hand, you can massage the
door with some slaps to get it to the proper position. Have the guy in the
inside tighten the 2 bolts and then open it and tighten the rest. Doesn't
always work, but when it does, it is a loot quicker.

Jeff
6559