[DeTomaso] One electrical glitch to go

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Mon May 28 12:56:10 EDT 2012

Today has been a great day to work on 1488 (early pre-L). Topical Storm
Beryl passed over us last night leaving squalls and scattered rains today.
Car benefit cancelled, so got up and sorted out all of my electrical demons
by pulling fuse panel and rerouting some circuits (switched vs. non)....but
one eludes me.

My blinkers work as designed. My hazards only operate the left side. If I
put the hazard and my right turn signal on (with key off) the rights flash.

According to the wiring diagram, the light blue wire operates the right
flasher lights. If I disconnect the blue wire from the hazard switch both
the switch and wire show power when the flashers operate even when
disconnected.  I'm assuming the dash indicator light allows power to flow
back, but unfortunately, my multimeters are loaned out and I can't validate
resistance.

Anybody come across this before?

--
Rob