[DeTomaso] Great new brakes, but stalling when braking

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Sun May 27 13:14:20 EDT 2012

Hi Asa Jay,

The solutions, short of milling your intake flat or adding a wedged shape carb spacer, is to add a vent tube extension to connect the rear vents to the front vents. To be honest, searching this subject in the past (I have the same problem) I found that this folks on Cobra forums and Corvette forums report the same problem, so mounting the carb flat may not be enough. The vent tube extension should help, regardless:

See this thread on the Bronco forum for instructions how to make one for yourself:
http://classicbroncos.com/carb_tricks.shtml

Cheers!
Garth