[DeTomaso] Recaro

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sat May 26 16:10:25 EDT 2012

You know, you don't really HAVE TO MOUNT your seats at all, if the seat is
going to be set as far back as possible anyway.  Your belts (2 shoulder, 2
lap, sub belt optional) you hold you and the seat in place easily.  Most
sportsracing cars have gravity mounted seats, some use velcro, a couple
have Dzus shallow fasteners. Watch any driver change pit stop for Sebring,
Daytona, Lemans endurance races. I never had a solid mounted seat when I
was actively racing.
If you think OMG, what if I'm in an accident, as if 4) 5/16" bolts are
going to save you, if a really extreme accident, they'd pull right through
the floor anyway.
Plus it makes cleaning, service really easy.
This only works if you have 4 point harnesses and your seat is back against
the firewall.

Michael