[DeTomaso] Oil pressure sending unit

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Tue May 22 00:28:53 EDT 2012

Argh,

Looking for the right oil pressure sending unit for the Pantera.

Gearhead database says PS60 or 24761.  Both cross to a Napa Echlin
OP6091.  But the listing says it's a "switch" which makes me worried
it's an on or off kind of thing.  I currently have a large canister
sender on the back of my engine, but the gauge seems to act like it's a
switch.  When it comes on, it goes right to about 70, and it never
moves.  Warm, cold, high speed cornering, nothing seems to make it vary,
which makes me think I have a "switch" instead of a sending unit for a
gauge.

Looking for guidance.
Thanks,
Asa Jay