[DeTomaso] coolant Temp senders, engine block

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat May 19 15:17:14 EDT 2012

In a message dated 5/18/12 4:12:34 PM, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> There are also a couple of entries that list a 10 ohm 1/2 watt resistor
> in line with the stock gauge makes the Ford temp sender read properly.
> Based on that knowledge, my guess is...
>
> - if you use the Napa TS6153 (Mustang part), then you'll need the extra
> resistor.
> - if you use the Napa TS6628, the resistance is already built-in

... and based on my experiences, a later 0-260F gauge with a Ts-6628 sender
needs less or no resistor compared to an early 0-220F gauge.
Bottom line: you'll still need to calibrate YOUR car to YOUR gauge no
matter what combination of parts you use. Some combos just will not work
accurately. Good luck all- J Deryke