[DeTomaso] mirrrors

David in Durango adin at frontier.net
Sat May 19 14:35:07 EDT 2012

"They -do- work, but they look odd.  They are tilted and at a wonky
angle.  That's why Mike Drew said it's not the Mustang post, but
probably something more like the Torino or Cougar post, underneath the
-same- bullet style mirror housing that are correct.   Then they would
look fine on the car."

OK, I stand corrected.

One could, I suppose, bugger up (my opinion) a veehickle with any manner of crooked mirrors, stickers, extra/phony go-faster bits, ugly wheels, wing(s) (relax Goran, this only applies to the Sonic cruise crowd), faux gold plated geegaws, mudflaps w/ nekkid lady silouettes, numbers, overlays, sponsor logos, letterman jackets, gang symbols, dingle balls, nascar numbers, two-toned seats w/ matching "racing harnesses" or anything in the name of coolness/personalization/style.  but why?

Well, this is "merika," where "we" are free to make fools of ourselves in the name of self-expression.

The proper torino/cyclone mirrors are period correct and, IMO, in the spirit of the orininal design.

flame suit on and driving finger flying high I remain

Grouchy and Dirty